Friday, January 13, 2012

Golden Globes 2012

The Broncos are in the playoffs.  Why am I beginning my post with that, instead of say, just jumping right into the Golden Globes? Because due to the fact that the Broncos are IN THE PLAYOFFS, I won't really be fully devoted to making my predictions this year.  I'm too nervous about the game tomorrow.  I could wait until after the game to write up my predictions, but I will either A) be in a funk because they blew it, or B) be on such a game-winning high that I cannot focus on anything else.  So here goes my very quick overview of which actors, actresses, movies, TV shows, etc. etc. will win the 2012 Golden Globes.

Best Picture - Drama: The Descendants

Best Actress - Drama: Meryl Streep

Best Actor - Drama: George Clooney

Best Picture - Comedy: The Artist (although I would rather have Midnight in Paris win)

Best Actress - Comedy: Kristen Wiig

Best Actor - Comedy: Jean Dujardin

Best Animated Feature Film: Puss in Boots

Best Director: Michel Hazanavicius

Best Screenplay: Woody Allen

Best Foreign Language Film: The Flowers of War

Best TV Series - Drama: Homeland

Best TV Actress - Drama: Claire Danes

Best TV Actor - Drama: Bryan Cranston

Best TV Series - Comedy: Modern Family

Best TV Actress - Comedy: Zooey Deschanel

Best TV Actor - Comedy: Alec Baldwin (although he may have fallen out of favor with Hollywood over the whole Words With Friends fiasco)

Best Mini-Series - Downton Abbey

Best Actress - Mini Series: Kate Winslet

Best Actor - Mini Series: Bill Nighy

And there you have it.  Let's hope that I'm actually in a good mood to watch the awards ceremony.  What if someone tebowed during their acceptance speech.  Hmm....

5 comments:

  1. Glad you are semi on top of this. I plan on watching cause I love Ricky Gervais, but I am ashamed to say I have not seen many of these films, but I will of course be better prepared for the Academy's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and I would like to hope that Arthur Christmas would win its category- while I liked puss in boots I thought animation wise Arthur Christmas was better. But I know its a slim chance, but a girl can dream.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You think Homeland? I don't know....

    I realize I could have put this all in one post yet I keep looking at your predictions as I attempt mine. I think I am too caught up in my downfall... human emotion- I am just going with my personal feelings and this wrong just wrong! :) And no way to have accurate predictions!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tried to laugh, but I am too nervous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alex - I haven't seen the majority of the nominees, for both film and TV. I feel like a real slacker this year. And yes, I think Homeland will win. It has gotten phenomenal reviews. But as I haven't seen any of the nominees for that category, it really could go any way I suppose.

    Eric - maybe you not laughing isn't because you are nervous, but because I'm not actually funny.

    ReplyDelete